That moment is really awkward or annoying when you think that your sentence can be wrong just because of a single alphabet C or S in the word advice/advise. Therefore, this dumb confusion must be slapped in face and you know what it’s very simple to remember if you know what is a Verb and Noun.
Core Difference Between Advise and Advice
- 1st of all let me tell you that ‘Advice’ is the correct to use if you want to recommend or suggest something to someone. Well, this was additional information, but you are here to know that which one word should be used Advice or Advise. Advice is Noun and you will have to use a verb with it in a sentence while on the other hand ‘Advise’ is a verb itself, therefore you don’t need to use a verb with it in a sentence. Consider these examples, Bolded word is a Verb.
- Take my advice, love is crap so be a good student. (Bold word is a verb and we must use it with advice)
- I advise you, you should have a girlfriend along with wife to kill your frustration. (Here you can see there is no verb because Advise has been used as a verb)
- Take my advice, I don’t use it anyway.
- Women will never be as booming as men because they have no wives to advise
Advice, Information and news are uncountable nouns. We won’t use them with a/an or in the plural.
Can I give yousome advice?
Wrong sentence: Can I give you an advice.
- We received some information from the tourist office.
- That’s wonderful news.
- But we can use Piece of, bit of, and item of
- Can I give you apiece of/a bit of advice? (an advice is wrong)
- There are2 pieces/bits of information we need to complete the questionnaire.
- There’sa bit of/an item of news that might surprise you.
- These are uncountable in English Language, even though they may be countable in other languages:
- Some countable nouns have alike meanings to the uncountable nouns above.
- There are not any
- It’s a long
- There were sofas and chairs for sale.
- We’ve booked a room.
- I’ve got three
- There isn’t any work.
- Travel can be tiring.
- There was furniture for sale.
- We’ve booked some accommodation.
- I’ve got three pieces of luggage.
You were reading Core Difference Between Advise and Advice.